St. Thomas More Latchkey Program
As of right now, Latchkey during the school year WILL be open! We are working on our plan to keep the kids as safe as possible. I will share with you the details as I have them ready right now, and will keep you updated as we finalize the plans.
First of all, once school dismisses and Latchkey starts, we will be considered a child-care center. The rules for school and child care are different, so I want to be completely transparent as to the format of Latchkey.
- Students will be required to wear their masks at Latchkey. If we are outside, they are not required but social distancing rules will be enforced.
- We will all be together in the cafeteria. The kids will be divided into groups based upon their grades.
- We are not able to separate students by their individual classes, so we are grouping them together with similar grades that they may cross paths with during the school day.
- Kids will be allowed to play and interact with the members of their groups. There will be only certain toys and things to play with that will be allowed, but there will be some options. As usual, electronics are allowed (at your discretion) after 4:00 pm.
- Unfortunately, students will NOT be allowed to attend Latchkey last minute. I need to have at least 24 hour notice so that I can make sure we have the room, space, and staff available.
Registration MUST be completed before your child attends. Please register ASAP using the following link: Registration Form
We may be limited to the number of children that we can accept, so I would recommend registering as soon as you can to ensure that your child has a spot.
Thank you! Looking forward to seeing all of you and your children again soon!
STM Latchkey Director
The Latchkey Program is available before school from 6:30 am to 8:00 am and after school from 3:00 pm until 6:00 pm. The program is open to STM students in preschool through 8th grade. See the information packet for more details!
Please email Angela Jeffers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions!